My Way of Coping with Motherhood


Saturday 10 December 2011

1st Night Away From Home

My little man has become extremely clingy since being sick. He only wants his mummy. He has learnt how to stretch his arms out to me when someone else is holding him so that I can take him. He then gives me a massive hug. Oh, how I love those hugs especially cause they're so new!! It's something he only just learnt how to do! Anyway, sometimes I take him but I try not to. I figure if I keep taking him, he will get too used to it. The other day I left him with my mum to test him out while I went out to get a beauty treatment (of course, nothing else will do when I get a break like this!) and when I came home, I heard him playing cheerfully with his grandma. Then I walked in and greeted him. He dropped everything and crawled so quickly toward me, crying loudly! He wanted me to pick him up immediately and comfort him. I quickly did so because he was so upset and he calmed down fairly quickly. So he was fine while I was away but when he saw me, he just had to have me.

Since then, I've been going out a bit more and more to test him out more - all in preparation for hubby's Christmas party last night. I made the decision to leave my little man with his in-laws overnight because I didn't want to wake him at an ungodly hour to take him home. It took a lot of strength not to call every hour to find out how he was doing but I was certain he was doing fine. He is actually still there now and I am yet to pick him up. Thought I'd get a sleep in and a morning off. I can't wait to see him but I am enjoying my break too.

It used to be so difficult to leave my little man because I started to become so attached - but now that he can communicate (with gestures, laughter, crying etc), I can see how much he loves being with all his grandparents so that has made it much easier. I now see myself taking advantage of the parents just so I can have that break. Is that bad? Well, they absolutely love hanging with him and melt every time they see him - to a point where mature adults are on the ground crawling with him and singing and dancing to all kinds of wacky songs!

I'm so thankful for the break but I can't wait to see my little man. I think I'll enjoy this break for a little while longer and then go get him. I can't wait to get that big loving hug from him when he sees me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment