My Way of Coping with Motherhood


Tuesday 6 December 2011

Lesson #1 - Asking for Help

I have just decided to start my own blog. The reason for this is in an attempt to reclaim my sanity after my 7 month old son came down with his very 1st flu, which of course, had to be accompanied by a high fever, and therefore a trip to the hospital and several trips to the local doctor. The doctor told me to "stop worrying!" and that she has seen me too many times in the last week. Oh boy, did I want to smash her! She has no idea how clingy my little man got and only wanted his mummy - and that is why I am so tired this week.


Apart from using this blog to help reclaim my sanity, my mum and mum-in-law have helped me out significantly. My mum-in-law slept over, and in fact, slept with my little man all night on the couch cause he didn't want to be left alone and, thankfully, to give me a break.


Until now, I have pushed both mums away thinking that "I can do it all"... And I was honestly ashamed. Why couldn't I do it all? But the truth is, I can't do it all and I don't know how anyone can without some help! And now I don't believe anyone that tells me that they do it all on their own!!


So - my 1st lesson learnt is to 'Ask for Help'. Don't be ashamed, embarrassed or worried about what others think. Who cares? Your loved ones will help willingly and will never look down upon you. From now on, I'll be asking for more help.

No comments:

Post a Comment