My Way of Coping with Motherhood


Thursday 8 December 2011

... And THAT is why I am SO TIRED!!

Lots of people ask when I am returning to work and I just tell them. It's no big deal. Usually, I have no idea because I keep extending it. My manager and job allow me to.

However, on one occasion, another mother asked me this very question and when I mentioned that I might be returning once my little man is 6 months old, I was hit with a million questions regarding why so early to which I got mighty defensive! Like for example, I need social interaction with other adults, I need to get out of the house cause I'm going a little mad, and (although I didn't mention this, money was a factor too! - But really was it any of her business??)! Anyway, her response was, "so go to playgroup, meet other mums there". I mentioned that I tried mother's group once but it didn't work too well for me so I gave up. Then I finally got hit with - "what kind of mother are you??" I was dumbstruck! How dare she attack the way I mother? Just cause I perhaps needed to go back to work before the full year? What was it her business anyway? She left her kids with her parents or in-laws practically every day since they were born anyway so why was she being such a hypocrite?!

Bottom line is, I've never spoken properly to her again.Yes, I am tired, I make mistakes, I may not be the best person or mother around, but I do my best - either on my own or with hubby's help or with our families' help. If my son does his best when he's older, either at school or outside of school, I will be mighty proud of him. I am a great mother and extremely proud of it too!

So! To all those jealous biatchezzz, get a life and suck on it! I reckon I am a better mum than you! I spend PLENTY of time with my son; every minute of my life I devote to him! I don't even sleep the way I used to anymore! --- and THAT IS WHY I AM SO TIRED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment